21.3.08

For the Love of All That is Mechanical!

I got a pretty new Nissan Versa. This car is far more tricked out than my previous cars have been; it has a built in bluetooth that talks to me & I don't need a key for the door or egnition. In honor of this I really want to name my car something that is an homage to science fiction as I feel this car is straight out of a sci-fi movie.

The possibilities:


  • HAL - Yes, the talking computer from 2001: A Space Oddysey that tries to kill all of the astronauts on the ship. This one may have been vetoed already as it is witty, but ultimately kind of creepy.
  • KIT - That's right, and I like the version voiced by Mr. Pheeney from the orignal Knight Rider tv show. The alternate names of KNIGHT RIDER and KNIGHT VERSA have been proposed.
  • LOGAN - in honor of Logan's Run. I haven't seen this film, so for me I think it would be more of an homage to Free Enterprise and you have to be a true geek to get that one.
  • HIRO or ANDO - Durring season one of Heroes Hiro Nakamura transports into the future and recieves a copy of 9th Wonders where he is the star and driving a blue Nissan Versa. So what does he do? He goes back and when he and Ando come to America he insists on renting a blue Nissan versa just like in the comic.
  • XANDER - I just thought of this one and it makes me smile. I have no idea how my car could be an homage to Buffy the Vampire Slayer but I would love it if it was.

Suggestions?

No comments: