18.2.08

Surprise

On Sunday Jared (a Rock Harbor teaching pastor) said that if the pieces of our life weren't fitting together the way we've invisioned them they won't possibly because we are trying to force ourselves to do something that God doesn't want us to do; perhaps we fall into these trappings because they are "normal" or it's what we really think we want.

What stuck me from the message Sunday was that Jared said we need to be willing to be surprised by God; if we can be willing to go to God and say that we want to give our life over and be surprised by God we'd be very surprised to find God working in ways that we never thought possible and just maybe God will make the pieces of our life fit together and it will be better than we ever could have imagined.

If you go through the list my life is not that spectacular and I don't know what to do about it; the pieces of my life are not really fitting together right now.

I really want to be willing to do what Jared was talking about. I want to let go and let God take the pieces of my life and surprise me. I'm working on it. I really am. I don't want to look at my life and be miserable about it. I want to know that I am doing what God wants of me.

I think that's a pretty good goal.

No comments: